The Turning Point service is funded by MSD for a set number of people. Once this level is reached, there is a waiting list for services. Referrals are made to the Support Services Manager who will meet with the person who requires the service, and their support person. If Turning Point is the right organisation to best assist, a recommendation is made to the CEO for approval to become a client of Turning Point.
1. Referral interview with support services manager
- Obtain details, including personal, medical, and Privacy Agreement signed
- How can we help you?
2. Identify needs
- What are you needs/interests/goals?
- How can we empower you to be a contributing member to the community?
- Are we the right agency for you?
3. Develop draft activities
- How can we assist you to reach your goals?
- What natural supports do you have?
- Seek approval or refer to more appropriate organisation
4. Turning Point participation
- Coordinator assigned
- Activities trialled
- 8-week timetable implemented
5. Regular reviews
- Timetables reviewed 8-weekly
- Goals measured and reported on
- 6 monthly path plan meetings with family/whanau/other supports
- Remain in service or become independent from DRC